WaterSHED partner, Hydrologic Social Enterprise, was the focus of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy’s 2010 Global Young Leaders Program in Singapore. Friday’s “Investor Pitch” session was the culmination of collaboration between Hydrologic and the Global Institute for Tomorrow (GIFT). GIFT provided pro-bono consulting services to Hydrologic to improve its business model for marketing water filters to Base of the Pyramid consumers in Cambodia. The consulting team presented its recommendations to an audience that included Hydrologic’s management, water sector stakeholders, social-venture fund managers, and private investors. The proposed business plan revisions focused on long-term financial sustainability, domestic market sales expansion, and new strategic partnerships. The event provided Hydrologic with a list of potential investors as well as a rigorous assessment of its business model.
WaterSHED has published the findings from its comprehensive review of rural consumer sanitation adoption in Cambodia. The study evaluates WaterSHED’s Hands-Off sanitation marketing program, which was designed to catalyze the market for improved sanitation in rural Cambodia by stimulating household demand and improving … Continue reading
- 33rd AGUASAN Workshop: “Circular economy – transforming waste into resources”
- The Business of Sanitation for All – Toilet Board Coalition
- Safe toilets help flush out disease in Cambodia’s floating communities
- Open Defecation vs. Community Toilets: A Complicated Choice – Global Waters
- Disease ‘superspreaders’ accounted for nearly two-thirds of Ebola cases, study finds