|Project:||Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Marketing|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Compensation:||Competitive and based on experience|
|Deadline:||August 25, 2013
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Enterprise Development, more commonly known as WaterSHED, originated in 2009 and is a local non-governmental organization (NGO). WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. We believe integrity comes first; we strive for the highest efficiency and quality in our work; and we promote leadership all levels.
WaterSHED is seeking a paid, full-time Web Developer as a member of its growing team. Applications are being accepted on an immediate rolling basis for candidates that are open to start work soon.
The successful developer will gain an exciting opportunity to use their skills in a critical role in an early-stage, growing organization dedicated to pioneering and disseminating market-based solutions for rural water and sanitation. The ideal candidate is talented and a dedicated self-learner, eager to use his/her skills to build a web-based communications infrastructure for one of the most dynamic and innovative WASH organizations in the world. The successful candidate will fit with WaterSHED’s organizational values. He or she will be entrepreneurial, have advanced coding skills for the WordPress platform, be committed to learning over time, and be excited by the challenge of taking on a diverse set of responsibilities in the fast-moving environment of a young, growing organization. The ideal person wants an opportunity to transform and grow with a young organization that is changing hundreds of thousands of lives.
- Web development – you must be talented and capable with the WordPress platform and the related skills (HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL).
- Commitment to translating ideas into web design
- Willingness to travel to the field: the position is based in Phnom Penh, but your ability to be successful depends on your ability to understand our programs, data, and reporting systems in rural Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
- A commitment to innovative development: WaterSHED strives to set the bar for innovating new models for WASH business development and we want a web developer who can design creative ways to connect outside stakeholders with our work and help us maintain the highest level of transparency.
- Be able to support integrating and automating functions across our website and databases.
- Execute WaterSHED’s web strategy efficiently and expediently
- Integrate back-office systems (monitoring, GIS, development dashboards, etc) to web applications for outside audiences
- Be a technology and transparency evangelist with a passion for using technology to connect our stakeholders in a meaningful way and to increase our efficiency
The position will be on an initial 12-month contact with standard 3-month probationary period, renewable after the first year.
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Web Developer”. The application must include the:
- An application form (download)
- Cover letter: explain why you’re capable of succeeding in this role
- C.V. or Resume, plus example from your web portfolio
Please do not send copies of certificates or other documentation in addition to the above.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization visit: http://www.watershedasia.org