On August 7th, Jeff Chapin, of the design firm IDEO, accepted the annual International Design Excellence Award (IDEA) from Fast Company Magazine for the low-cost toilet design. Chosen as “Best in Class” from over 1500 entries, the latrine was designed by IDEO in collaboration with WaterSHED partners IDE and Lien Aid. The low-cost latrine’s pioneering design uses affordable, locally-sourced materials. These latrines provide improved sanitation for low-income families, while promoting water & sanitation enterprise development throughout rural Cambodia.
WaterSHED has published the findings from its comprehensive review of rural consumer sanitation adoption in Cambodia. The study evaluates WaterSHED’s Hands-Off sanitation marketing program, which was designed to catalyze the market for improved sanitation in rural Cambodia by stimulating household demand and improving … Continue reading Continue reading
- Duncan Mara – The elimination of open defecation and its adverse health effects: a moral imperative for governments and development professionals
- 12 ways to turn water from waste to resource – The Guardian
- 12th SuSanA Thematic Discussion: “Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools – A neglected issue”
- Wikipedia – World Water Day
- World Water Day 2017 publications by USAID, UN Water, WaterAid, Wikipedia and others