This week WaterSHED hosted a Chinese delegation organized by the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council’s (WSSCC) Global Sanitation Fund team. The Geneva-based WSSCC staff joined representatives from China’s sanitation sector, including provincial government officials and sector experts, to see WaterSHED’s successful sanitation marketing program in action. The team joined a sanitation sales event in Kompong Cham Province, and also participated in a training workshop led by WaterSHED to exchange ideas about the elements from Cambodia that could be adapted for large-scale replication in China. As of June 2012, WaterSHED’s sanitation marketing program in Cambodia has already enabled the private sale of more than 30,000 latrines to rural households, making it one of the most efficient and successful sanitation programs of its kind.
WaterSHED has published the findings from its comprehensive review of rural consumer sanitation adoption in Cambodia. The study evaluates WaterSHED’s Hands-Off sanitation marketing program, which was designed to catalyze the market for improved sanitation in rural Cambodia by stimulating household demand and improving … Continue reading Continue reading
- In A First, Kerala Makes Sanitary Napkin Vending Machines Mandatory In All Schools
- Celebrating Menstrual Hygiene Day 2017 – Water Currents
- Developing Markets for Sanitation: A Blog Series
- WASH data dashboards from WHO
- Join now – SuSanA online discussion “Applications of Sanitation Systems and Technologies in MENA”