WaterSHED is a local non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Cambodia. WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) products and services. Direct assistance provided by WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as business trainings and marketing support, research and design of new products and water supply schemes, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementation activities. WaterSHED now seeks a talented Cambodian professional to undertake the following position:
Job Title: Sales Supervisor
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Remuneration: Attractive salary based on skills and experience
Deadline: May 10, 2014 or until position is filled
WaterSHED seeks an experienced Sales Supervisor to support a private local firm to recruit, train, and coach successful rural sales agents for its hygiene products. The flagship product is the Tien Loi, an innovative new product to enable convenient handwashing inside the home. www.happytap.net
WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. It operates in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.
The Sales Supervisor will fulfill a critical role in the commercial success of the handwashing device through direct sales across 15 provinces in Southern Vietnam. The successful candidate will recruit, train, and supervise a team of rural sales agents who are the critical interface between the company and its target consumers. The successful candidate will have, above all, exceptional communication skills and a track record for successfully supervising teams in a competitive industry – preferably with sales experience in the rural setting. The Supervisor will thrive in a challenging environment, is a dynamic leader, and builds trust among consumers, sales agents, and local leaders. An important task in this role will be to listen to consumers at a village level. The Sales Supervisor will be empowered to adjust tactics, refine the value proposition and sales tools, and manage the field team to achieve maximum results.
This position will be largely remunerated through performance incentives. For the right candidate, this opportunity will be very rewarding both financially and in terms of career development.
The successful candidate will leverage promotional linkages with the Women’s Union at the provincial level and other key stakeholders, especially private sector actors in the plastics goods supply chain. He/she will be willing to learn from peers and subordinates in addition to partners, consumers, and institutional colleagues.
This position requires frequent travel within the Mekong Delta region provinces to train and supervise the sales team.
1. Sales target development and follow-up
- Together with senior team to develop sales targets over time and be in charged to achieve such goals.
- Break down the a team goal into reasonable individual target and specific channels and monitor such channels to achieve fully.
- Frequent observation on the project locations to guide and support sales team on time.
- Directly recruit FA, recommending local people in project location.
- Monitor FA to recruit freelance SE and retailer.
- Conduct iterative training class, involving sales team from a group of provinces.The aim of such training is to provide hygiene knowledge and sales skills to lead presentation and do the job on their own.
- Frequently go to province and do up-to-date personal guidance depending on specific sales status scenarios, to help sales people on the ground fulfill target.
4. Delivery and Post-sales system improvement
- Frequently check consumers’ feedback and process after order is made, to make sure delivery is arrived on time.
- Guide FA to successfully cooperate with local retailer/sub-distributors/HappyTap Co for logistics tasks.
- Ensure FA to complete payment, installment for inventory.
- Share input from field observation to help improve sales system, cooperate with key personels to test and apply new Marketing tools/program.
5. Inspect sales team and report to supervisors
- Report sales volume and team process to management board.
- Be able to suggest new scheme of sales team’s motivation and support that can trigger selling attitude.
Required Skills or Experience
- Relevant university degree or training.
- Two year minimum working experience in business and marketing field.
- Business experience towards southern underprivileged communities or strong knowledge/background of southern economic and social situation is highly appreciated.
- Proficiency in English is an asset.
Interested applicants please send:
- WaterSHED application form (download)
- Cover letter
- C.V. or Resume, with the name and contact of three references
- Example work or porfolio
(Please do not send copies of certificates or other documentation in addition to the above).
to email@example.com with the subject “Sales Supervisor”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org.