Project: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Marketing
Topic: Social Enterprise Development, Rural Sanitation
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travels to target provinces
Timing and Duration: 3-year full-time effort
Completion Date: August 2015
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Application closing date: 31 July 2012
WaterSHED is a local NGO funded by USAID. Its strategic objective is to increase the sustained uptake and proper use of commercially‐delivered Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WSH) products and services among lower‐income populations in Cambodia. WaterSHED invests in generating consumer demand, strengthening the enabling environment and supply chains, and enhancing proper use of WSH products and services. Direct assistance provided through WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as research and design of new products and water supply schemes, laboratory services, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementation activities. Now WaterSHED seeks a dynamic and energetic Cambodian national to take on the following position.
The Program Coordinator will be a driving force for the implementation of the WaterSHED’s WASH-Marketing program, an initiative which seeks to facilitate private sector development and increase access to rural sanitation, hygiene and safe drinking water through local market channels in rural Cambodia.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, WASH-Marketing Manager, Project Manager, and Facilitator Specialists to enable them to maximize work efficiencies. S/he will provide all relevant training and mentorship to the WASH-Marketing team. The Program Coordinator will work closely with government with all levels and partners.
Duties of Program Coordinator:
- Coordinate logistics and operations support for field operation teams.
- Collect sales data, expenses, and other data from the field office and assist the WASH Marketing Manager with monitoring of the key project indicators
- Assist the further development of the M & E framework.
- Oversee data entry and be responsible for data management and data quality control, produce timely reports for management and donor reporting.
- Assist the WASH Marketing Manager to analyze the program progress and summarize the monthly reports from Facilitator Specialists.
- Assist WASH Marketing Manager with financial record-keeping and monthly financial reporting in compliance with WaterSHED’s requirements.
- Undertake administrative tasks in English and Khmer and translate key documents as required
- Assist to build and maintain strong working relationships with WaterSHED-Cambodia partners.
- Conduct planned internal evaluations to monitor project process, and make recommendations on how to improve this process
- Represent WaterSHED as required
- Undertake other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Skills and competencies:
- University Degree in business and marketing or other relevant qualification
- Proven experience in management, business development, marketing, data entry and analysis or related fields
- Proven experience in development of data collection tools, data tracking and reporting and project evaluation
- Familiarity with modern technology and communication
- Fluency in Khmer, oral and written
- Drivers license and demonstrated driving experience
- Appreciation of the objectives and values of WaterSHED
- Excellent communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy
Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) an application form (download),
2) a cover letter,
3) your C.V or Resume, with the names and contact of three referees
to email@example.com with the subject “Program Coordinator”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org
Closing date: 31 July 2012