WaterSHED‐Cambodia is an local NGO funded by various donors. Its strategic objective is to increase the sustained uptake and proper use of commercially‐delivered Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WSH) products and services among lower‐income populations in Cambodia. WaterSHED invests in generating consumer demand, strengthening the enabling environment and supply chains, and enhancing proper use of WSH products and services. Direct assistance provided through WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as research and design of new products and water supply schemes, laboratory services, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementationactivities. Now WaterSHED-Cambodia seeks a dynamic and energetic Cambodian national to take on the following position.
Job Title: Program Assistant, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Marketing Program.
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travel to target provinces.
Report to: Senior Program Coordinator
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting WASH- Marketing Program team especially in Phnom Penh Office in order to fill gaps and support the team to meet time frames with successful results. This position is a full time position.
Duties of Program Assistant:
- Coordinate logistics and operations support for field operation teams.
- Support field operations such as copying, printing, storing material, translating document, typing etc
- Support M&E for data entry
- Provide support for training preparation by the project team
- Assist the Program Coordinator to summarize the monthly reports from Facilitator Specialists.
- Assist Program Coordinator checking expenses from the field teams
- Undertake administrative tasks in English and Khmer and translate key documents as required
- Maintain materials required for use by the field teams
- Assist to build and maintain strong working relationships with WaterSHED-Cambodia partners.
10. Represent WaterSHED-Cambodia as required
11. Undertake other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Skills and competencies:
- Education to at least completion of BBA or relative background
- Experience with Ms Office and internet usage
- Ability to translate Khmer to English and English to Khmer
- 4. Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Driver’s license and driving experience with standard transmission
- Appreciation of the objectives and values of WaterSHED-Cambodia
- Excellent communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy
Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) an application form (download),
2) a cover letter,
3) your C.V or Resume, with the names and contact of three referees
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Assistant”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org
Closing date: 17 May 2013.