Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Enterprise Development, more commonly known as WaterSHED, originated in 2009 and is a local non-governmental organization (NGO). WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. We believe integrity comes first; we strive for the highest efficiency and quality in our work; and we promote leadership all levels.
WaterSHED seeks a full-time Communications Specialist. He/she will support the dissemination of research and findings, and raise awareness of program activities in order to spur new partnerships with government, local organizations, and international stakeholders. The Communications Specialist will also support internal learning and information sharing among program staff.
Deadline: 14 March 2014
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Phnom Penh, with occasional travel to provinces
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Duties of Communications Specialist:
Under the guidance of the Regional Program Manager, the Communications Specialist will:
- Write and edit updates and briefs on WaterSHED events, projects and current initiatives (both document and web-based formats)
- Write articles and profiles about key elements of WaterSHED programs
- Create and maintain various external communications products, including fact-sheets and web-based briefs
- Develop effective powerpoint presentations
- Desktop Publishing of reports and briefs
- Document project field work, events and meetings with photography and video
- Organize, maintain and update WaterSHED visual media collection (photography, video)
- Contribute to social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.)
- Disseminate WaterSHED lessons to WASH sector networks and forums
- Establish and maintain relationships with local news/media outlets
- Represent WaterSHED externally, as required, and undertake other communications duties, as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University degree in international development, communications, journalism, web/graphic design or a combination of skills and experience in these areas
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Khmer
- Photography and image editing experience including basic use of graphics software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience using and updating social media accounts
- Experience using and updating social accounts
- Genuine interest and appreciation of WaterSHED goals and values
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Creative and independent worker
- Positive attitude and willing to work with a driven team
- This position is based in Phnom Penh with travel to project provinces and internationally.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- The position will be on an initial 12-month contact with standard 3-month probationary period, renewable after the first year.
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Communication Specialist”. The application must include the:
- WaterSHED application form (download)
- Cover letter
- C.V. or Resume, include the names and contact of two references
Please do not send copies of certificates or other documentation in addition to the above.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization visit: http://www.watershedasia.org