Job Title: UI/UX Specialist
Location: Phnom Penh
Reports to: Business Intelligence Manager
Duration of contract: One month
Closing date: May 11, 2016
WaterSHED is looking for a User-Experience Designer to help refine WaterSHED’s existing mobile app technology for Android devices. The technology provides sales agents and suppliers real time information on toilet sales activities across rural Cambodia and helps actors in the supply chain to meet consumer needs effectively.
WaterSHED is a local non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The organization has helped build a successful market for water, sanitation and hygiene products across rural Cambodia by engaging government and supporting small businesses by providing technical assistance such as business training and marketing support. Furthermore, WaterSHED fosters innovations through research and design of new or adapted WASH products that inspire behaviour change and improve health outcomes.
We are looking for a Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of the user experience. The ideal consultant will have strong problem solving skills and is highly self-motivated with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have experience adapting the user-experience for audiences with low literacy of technology. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA and RESPONSIBILITY
- Previous experience in designing user-experience software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong ability to conceptualize, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Excellent communication
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- an application form (download),
- a cover letter,
- your C.V or Resume, with the names and contact of three referees to email below with the subject “UI/UX Specialist”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about WaterSHED: http://www.watershedasia.org.
Closing date: 11 May 2016