Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Enterprise Development, known as WaterSHED, is a local, non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Cambodia. WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) products and services. Direct assistance provided through WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as business trainings and marketing support, research and design of new products and water supply schemes, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementation activities.
Now WaterSHED seeks a dynamic and energetic Cambodian national to take on the following position:
Job Title: Research Assistant, Civic Champions Project.
Location: Kampong Speu, with frequent travel to Phnom Penh.
Period: 1 June 2013- 30 May 2014 with possible extension
Report to: Project Coordinator, Civic Champions Project
The Project Coordinator will be a driving force for the implementation of the WaterSHED Civic Champions Project, an initiative that seeks to test innovative investment approaches to strategically trigger, motivate and enable the rapid emergence of a large number of government leaders that in turn promote affordable water, sanitation and hygiene products and services in rural communities.
WaterSHED realizes that accelerating rural sanitation uptake and maximizing market penetration for the public good cannot be accomplished by the private sector alone. Effective government leadership is required at all levels – especially at the local level in rural communities. The early and rapid success of WaterSHED’s initial efforts in Hands-Off sanitation marketing is due in no small measure to concerted efforts to effectively engage local government agents acting as partners to raise consumer demand and broker relationships between providers and households.
Working in a multidisciplinary team, the Research Assistant is responsible for supporting the Civic Champions project team research activities. This is a full time position.
Duties of Program Assistant:
- Coordinate logistics and operations support for field operations.
- Support the baseline, mid-term and end-line surveys
- Provide assistance to the research studies
- Provide assistance to the civic leadership training and follow up activities
- Assist the Project Coordinator to prepare the monthly reports.
- Assist the Project Coordinator to prepare budget and expenditure reports
- Undertake administrative tasks in English and Khmer and translate key documents as required
- Assist to build and maintain strong working relationships with WaterSHED partners.
- Represent WaterSHED as required
10. Undertake other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Skills and competencies:
- Education to at least completion of Bachelor of Social Science or related background
- Experience in conducting surveys
- Experience with Ms Office and internet usage
- Ability to translate Khmer to English and English to Khmer
- 5. Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Driver’s license and driving experience with manual transmission
- Appreciation of the objectives and values of WaterSHED
- Excellent communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy
Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) an application form (download),
2) a cover letter,
3) your C.V. or Resume, with the names and contacts for three referees (do not send scans of certificates)
to: email@example.com with the subject “Research Assistant”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org
Closing date: 10-June-2013