Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Enterprise Development, known as WaterSHED, is a local, non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Cambodia. WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) products and services. Direct assistance provided by WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as business trainings and marketing support, research and design of new products and water supply schemes, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementation activities.
Now WaterSHED seeks a dynamic and energetic Cambodian national to take on the following senior position:
Job Title: Project Coordinator and Trainer
Project: Civic Champions Project
Period: 1 year (with possible extension)
Location: Kampong Speu Province, with frequent travel to Phnom Penh.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Project Coordinator will be a driving force for the implementation of the WaterSHED Civic Champions Project, an initiative that seeks to test innovative investment approaches to strategically trigger, motivate and enable the rapid emergence of a large number of government leaders that in turn promote affordable water, sanitation and hygiene products and services in rural communities.
Working closely with the Country Program Manager, s/he will lead a small interdisciplinary team to enable them to achieve maximum project outcomes. S/he will provide support, training, and mentorship to civic leaders. The Project Coordinator will work closely with representatives of government from all levels, local private enterprises and with other sector stakeholders including NGOs and UN agencies.
WaterSHED realizes that accelerating rural sanitation uptake and maximizing market penetration for the public good cannot be accomplished by the private sector alone. Effective government leadership is required at all levels – especially at the local level in rural communities. The early and rapid success of WaterSHED’s initial efforts in Hands-Off sanitation marketing is due in no small measure to concerted efforts to effectively engage local government agents acting as partners to raise consumer demand and broker relationships between providers and households.
Responsibilities and duties of the Project Coordinator:
- Provide overall leadership for the success of the Civic Champions Project
- Provide expert leadership training and mentor support to civic leaders.
- Manage the project budget, including oversight of financial record-keeping and monthly financial reporting in compliance with WaterSHED policy
- Ensure adequate logistics and operations support for the project
- Implement performance monitoring and analysis of project progress and performance, seeking to continuously improve outcomes using innovative solutions
- Work in close collaboration with the Program and M&E units to ensure an integrated approach to outcomes
- Oversee project related administrative tasks in English and Khmer as required
- External representation: Assist to build and maintain strong working relationships with outside partners of WaterSHED-Cambodia; represent WaterSHED-Cambodia at sector meetings
- Other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Skills and competencies:
- University Degree in business and marketing or other relevant qualification
- Qualifications in training
- 5 years experience as a lead trainer
- Proven experience in management, business development, marketing, data analysis or related fields
- Proven experience in:
- Communication with government all levels
- Project management, and financial management
- Team motivation and building
- Negotiation and leadership
- Data collection tools, data tracking and reporting and project monitoring
- Familiarity with smart technology and communication
- Fluency in Khmer, oral and written, Good English spoken and written skills
- Driver’s license and driving experience
- Appreciation of the objectives and values of WaterSHED
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative, initiative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Good at problem-solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy
Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) an application form (download),
2) a cover letter,
3) your C.V. or Resume, with the names and contact of three referees (Do not send scans of certificates)
to email@example.com with the subject “Project Coordinator”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org
Closing date: 10 June 2013.