Project: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Marketing
Topic: Rural sanitation, enterprise development
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travel to target provinces
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate based on experiences
Deadline: 28 February 2013
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Enterprise Development, more commonly known as WaterSHED, originated in 2009 and is a local non-governmental organization (NGO). WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. We believe integrity comes first; we strive for the highest efficiency and quality in our work; and we promote leadership all levels. Now WaterSHED seeks a dynamic and energetic Cambodian national to take on the following position.
Job Title: Program Assistant, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Marketing Program.
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travel to target provinces.
Report to: Senior Program Coordinator
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting WASH- Marketing Program team especially in Phnom Penh Office in order to fill gaps and support the team to meet time frames with successful results. This position is a full time position.
Duties of Program Assistant:
- Coordinate logistics and operations support for field operation teams.
- Support field operations such as copying, printing, storing material, translating document, typing etc
- Support M&E for data entry
- Provide support for training preparation by the project team
- Assist the Program Coordinator to summarize the monthly reports from Facilitator Specialists.
- Assist Program Coordinator checking expenses from the field teams
- Undertake administrative tasks in English and Khmer and translate key documents as required
- Maintain materials required for use by the field teams
- Assist to build and maintain strong working relationships with WaterSHED partners.
- Represent WaterSHED as required
- Undertake other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Skills and competencies:
- Education to at least completion of BBA or relative background
- Experience with Ms Office and internet usage
- Ability to translate Khmer to English and English to Khmer
- Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Driver’s license and driving experience with standard transmission
- Appreciation of the objectives and values of WaterSHED
- Excellent communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Good at problem solving and critical thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy
Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) an application form (download),
2) a cover letter,
3) your C.V or Resume, with the names and contact of three referees
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Assistant”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org