Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Phnom Penh, with regular provincial travel
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Report to: Business Intelligence Manager
Closing date: This position is opened until filled
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join the Business Intelligence Unit. The successful candidate will provide critical support for WaterSHED’s staff both in Phnom Penh and in the rural provinces.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s hands-off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 150,000 toilets, generating more than USD $6 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 50% in five years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Reuters and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
WaterSHED is offering a learning opportunity for an individual seeking a career in data management. The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Intelligence Manager to support the management of the organisations information and data to promote continuous improvement of the organization’s performance.
- Oversee the work of the Business Intelligence Assistants, providing mentoring and coaching support, to produce high quality work including routine data entry, call check and field spot check reports and ad hoc data queries.
- Supervise the Business Intelligence Assistants to undertake administrative tasks as required in accordance with organization policy.
Analysis and Reporting
- Provide critical input into and analysis of internal and external data to improve the performance of provincial teams.
- Compile, analyze and summarize monthly field reports from provincial team members and identify key issues or success stories for review with the Business Intelligence Manager and the Business Intelligence team.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports as required by the Business Intelligence Manager.
- Develop training material and lead training sessions on business intelligence processes.
- Review or research better business models to improve the quality of staff performance.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in rural development, research or related field.
- At least 3 years experience in data management related to community development or social research.
- Proven data management and analysis experience.
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Strong computer literacy in MS. Word and Excel with experience using analytical software.
- Good writing skills in Khmer and English.
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about-us
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter,
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- No scans of certificates needed
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer ”.
Deadline: This position is opened until filled