Job Title: Women’s Economic Empowerment Project Assistant
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travel to provinces
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Report to: Project Coordinator
Duration: Until December 2017 with a possibility for extension
Closing date: This position is opened until filled
WaterSHED is a local NGO that uses a “systems approach” to promote clean drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (“WaSH”) products and services in rural Cambodia.
This Project Assistant role provides administrative support to a women’s economic empowerment project called “WEwork”, which is a network of women who are pursuing goals to sell WaSH products, like toilets or water purifiers. This project provides all kinds of training and coaching to its members, in six provinces.
This position would suit someone seeking experience in finance administration, event planning, or workshop facilitation.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Managing the logistics of the WEwork project – getting quotes, making bookings, arranging transport, etc.
- Preparing all finance administration for the project (expense reports, etc.)
- Preparing and keeping records, including attendance, accommodation, and allowance lists
- Making phone calls to invite participants to events – informing them about venue, date, and accommodation arrangements
- Writing a report for monthly meetings, and preparing a government report every 3 months (in Khmer)
- Arrange workshop materials
- Help to facilitate workshop sessions and ensure that the events run smoothly
- Translating between Khmer and English as necessary
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills, and experience with events or logistics planning
- Attention to detail and strong integrity
- Willingness to travel to the 6 provinces to facilitate activities
- Willingness to be proactive, assertive, and to work independently
- Ability to listen, and to think creatively to meet needs of program participants
- Experience planning and facilitating group sessions and/or training events is a strong asset, but not necessary
- Strong relationship-building and networking ability with people of different backgrounds (e.g. successful business people, rural villagers)
- Ability to prioritize and follow up with multiple activities
- Very good spoken and written English language skills
To apply for this position, please prepare:
- A cover letter – the cover letter must include the following:
- Salary expectation for this role
- Available start date
- And your C.V. or resume
Send attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Women’s Empowerment Project Assistant”.
Deadline: This position is opened until filled