Job Title: Mobile App Officer
Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent provincial travel
Job Type: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Report to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Closing date: This position is opened until filled
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s hands-off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 160,000 toilets, generating more than USD $8 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to more than nearly 50% in six years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Forbes, Reuters, and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
The Mobile App Officer is responsible for supporting WASH-Marketing by encouraging stakeholder to use application effectively in order to fill gaps and support the team to meet project time frames with successful results. This position is a full time position.
- Contribute in planning activities including developing and managing Mobile App (Smart Business) user guide and providing appropriate training/coaching to frontline staff especially Facilitation Specialist (FS) and Area Manager (AM)
- Work closely with Supply Chain Coordinator to perform the effective Mobile App to deal with users
- Provide direct support to provincial staff and to enable them to train/coach Key Person (KP) and Supplier (SP)
- Execute field test to validate the App is applicable in real situation and initiate the strategy to reach the goal particularly utilization of its function and reinforce the relevant stakeholder to use this Mobile App
- Identify and analyze Mobile App error or/and bug and work closely developer team to resolve
- Manage, arrange, and conduct reliable and effective training modules to relevant key stakeholders (SP, KP, FS and AM)
- Provide consultative discussion and update in timely manner to Supply Chain Coordinator about the progress of implementation
- Prepare executive reports as well as analyzing statistical data
- Recommend system, procedure and tools to improve the operation
- A Bachelor’s degree in rural development, research study and/or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experiences in community development, research or any social work.
- Good writing skills, including research and report writing experience.
- Strong knowledge in computer literacy with experiences using analytic software or excel.
- Be willing to travel to remote area or province up to 70% of working hours.
- IT & technical knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication
- Strong organization and planning and training skill
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible
- Honest and trustworthy
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about-us
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter, outlining your experience and skills
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contacts of three referees
- No scans of certificates needed
to email@example.com with the subject “Mobile App Officer”.
Deadline: This position is opened until filled