Job Title: Internship – HR and Admin Assistant
Location: Phnom Penh, with some travel to provinces
Job Type: Full Time
Report to: HR and Admin Manager
Closing date: 03 March 2017
WaterSHED is seeking an enthusiastic HR and Admin Assistant as part of a new internship program. The successful candidate will provide critical support for WaterSHED’s staff both in Phnom Penh and in the rural provinces.
WaterSHED uses a systems-approach to build the rural market for water, sanitation, and hygiene products and services across Southeast Asia. Based in Cambodia, WaterSHED uses in-depth research to identify strategic opportunities and gaps in the wider system, and then works to strengthen the capacity and relationships between key actors to create a more dynamic and resilient market.
We don’t reach millions of people. We build systems that do.
By engaging key actors in the system, including small businesses, customers, and local government, WaterSHED facilitates the adoption of toilets, water filters, and handwashing stations – building a market that functions independent of traditional aid. To date, WaterSHED’s hands-off marketing approach has successfully enabled small businesses to sell more than 150,000 toilets, generating more than USD $6 million in revenue for rural businesses, and helping accelerate sanitation coverage from a stagnant 25% to nearly 50% in five years.
WaterSHED has been featured in Reuters and Huffington Post, and is a twice winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures competition, a winner of Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
WaterSHED is offering a learning opportunity for an individual seeking a career in Business Administration and/or Human Resources. The successful candidate will work closely with the acting HR & Admin Manager to implement and manage administrative systems and office policies.
- Schedule regular safety inspections for organizational vehicle
- Perform basic filing, copying, typing, scanning, and data entry as required
- Responsible on registering and sending official letters
- Responsible for project logistics and inventory control
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Overall office administration, including managing office facilities
- Other duties as required
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and trustworthy
WHO ARE YOU?
Working with us will give you the chance to use your creativity and deploy your ideas every day. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work.
We are looking for people who appreciate WaterSHED’s values and mission, have excellent communication skills, are entrepreneurial and creative, take initiative, and are enthusiastic. Good problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, honesty, and trustworthiness are essential. See our values at www.watershedasia.org/about-us
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- An application form (download),
- A cover letter,
- And your C.V. or resume, with the names and contact of three references
- No scans of certificates needed
to email@example.com with the subject “Internship-HR and Admin Assistant”.
Deadline: 03 March 2017
Or Contact to this phone number for more information or question 015 727 685