WaterSHED is a local non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Cambodia. WaterSHED engages local enterprises and government in the development of sustainable market-based approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) products and services. Direct assistance provided by WaterSHED encompasses areas of technical support such as business training and marketing support, research and design of new products and water supply schemes, and product quality assurance. Furthermore, WaterSHED also provides research and assistance related to social, behavioral, business, and financial aspects of implementation activities.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Phnom Penh
Report to: Finance and Administration Manager
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for the planning, management and administration of personnel records and related information and providing effective HR support to WaterSHED staff in Cambodia and Vietnam. These responsibilities are undertaken with due consideration to confidentiality and ensures that the use of resources are monitored and controlled following WaterSHED’s policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support the process planning for long term human resource requirements, including the review of administration policy from time to time, update admin forms and disseminate information to staff.
- Undertake the efficient and accurate preparation, input and maintenance of information and data into personnel filing with agreed procedure and policy.
- Create, maintain and update the HR control sheet record for all staff including timesheets, leave requests, medical claims, insurance, etc.
- Monitor the staff appraisal process and timeframes including probation, mid-term and annual appraisals and participate in performance development discussions and review and follow up all appraisal results.
- Provide staff orientation to new staff and provide ongoing training to staff related to HR and administration requirements.
- Support the staff recruitment process, prepare and post job announcements, prepare staff contracts for employees, interns and consultants including monitoring contract deliverables and times frames and preparing contract amendments.
- Provide support to all staff to enable compliance with HR policy and procedures and completion and submission of relevant forms.
- Prepare the staff payroll based on timesheets, leave and termination and process monthly staff payroll transfers and process salary taxation documents.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Experience with Human Resource work.
- Computer proficiency- MS. Word, Excel. PowerPoint.
- Fluency in Khmer and English, both oral and written.
- Driver’s license and driving experience with standard transmission is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- an application form (download)
- Cover letter
- your C.V or Resume, with the names and contact of three references
- no scans of certificates
to email@example.com with the subject “Human Resource Officer”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organization: http://www.watershedasia.org.
Deadline: 26 October 2014