Location: Phnom Penh, some travel to provinces
Report to: Communications Manager
Closing Date: October 01, 2016
*** Interviews will begin immediately. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply early. ***
WaterSHED is looking for a Communications Assistant who will work under the guidance of the Communications Manager to create dynamic content for our supporters and external audiences. The Communications Assistant will help plan and implement strategies to engage and inform donors and stakeholders about WaterSHED activities using online and offline platforms.
No work experience necessary. We’re looking for individuals who are creative and enjoy using multimedia platforms such as video, photography and social media.
WaterSHED is a water, sanitation and hygiene NGO based in Phnom Penh. We use a market-based approach to empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. We research and design products to fill the gap in the market and provide business development training and marketing support to local enterprises. This approach has enabled our partners to sell more than 140,000 household toilets across Cambodia. WaterSHED is a two-time winner of USAID’s Development Innovation Ventures, Canada Grand Challenges Stars in Global Public Health, and 1st prize winner of the Reed Elsevier Environmental Challenge.
For further information about the organization, visit www.watershedasia.org
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Create multimedia content for social media
- Coordinate media visits and help prepare newsletters, blog posts and other online content about WaterSHED activities
- Shoot and process high quality photos or videos for local and international audiences
- Co-host/co-produce media and donor visits to project sites
- Help prepare marketing materials such as booklets and pamphlets for WaterSHED social enterprise subsidiaries
- Degree communications, journalism, marketing or media, relevant work experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both Khmer and English.
- Experience using multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube et al.
- Web design and/or blogging experience using WordPress, Blogger, SquareSpace, et al. is a plus but not necessary
- Experience in digital production (such as video and/or photo production and post-production) is a plus but not necessary
- Creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Works well under pressure and on tight deadlines
To Apply: Interested candidate should send an email with the title “Communication Assistant” to Julia White (email@example.com) The application must include:
- Cover letter
- CV or Resume
- Samples of work (links to online blog, photos or videos)
Please do not send copies of certificates or documentation in addition to the above. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For further information about the organisation: http://www.watershedasia.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @WaterSHEDasia