Location: Phnom Penh, frequent travel to provinces
Report to: Project Coordinator, Civic Champions Project
Period: 01 January 2016 – 31 Dec 2017
Closing: December 31, 2015
WaterSHED is looking for a Project Assistant to be part of Civic Champions, a project that works to motivate and strengthen the leadership of local government to better promote affordable water, sanitation and hygiene products and services in rural communities.
WaterSHED works to accelerate the sanitation market and get people to buy a toilet. With our Hands-Off approach we have successfully enabled the sale of more than 130,000 toilets. But our achievement is not through the private sector alone. In the Civic Champions program, we have partnered with local government leaders to raise consumer demand and grow relationships between small businesses and households.
The Civic Champions Program Assistants will support the Project Coordinator in arranging the logistic for the project conferences and other activities to ensure conferences are well organized. The Program Assistant will also be responsible for administrative tasks as required.
For more information about WaterSHED’s Civic Champions leadership project please visit our website.
WaterSHED is a local water, sanitation and hygiene organization (WASH) that works with small businesses to market effective and affordable WASH products to rural communities in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Using an award-winning, market-based approach, WaterSHED is helping to improve the health of families across Cambodia. Through our sanitation marketing program, WaterSHED has enabled the sale of more than 130,000 latrines, reaching more than 600 million people. Our social enterprises in Vietnam and Cambodia are replicating this success with innovative technologies for washing hands and water purification. WaterSHED’s marketing efforts are supported by leadership programs including Civic Champions, a capacity development program for Commune Councillors, and our Women’s Empowerment Program.
We have a dynamic, highly collaborative culture that sets high standards for our work. If you learn quickly, have a sense of humor and want to help those around you grow, you will be welcome at WaterSHED.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator of Civic Champions program, the Program Assistant will be expected to
- Support the logistics of the “discover” conferences, including
- Request quotes from venues and manage booking
- Prepare and send letters and invitations
- Procure conference material, like stationaries, photos, trophies, name cards, et al
- Digitalize attendance lists
- Prepare and process travel allowance list
- Support the logistics of the training of trainers and master trainers
- Support the documentation of the confrences
- Undertake other duties as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Education and skills:
- University degree or at least secondary education plus relevant work experience
- Basic command of MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Basic conversational English skills; ability to translate from Khmer to English and vice versa
- Driver’s license for car is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and proactive working style
- Reliable and honest
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Available to travel to provinces
To Apply :
Interested applicants please send your application including:
- an application form (download),
- a cover letter,
- your C.V. or Resume, with the names and contacts for three referees (do not send scans of certificates)
Please apply as soon as possible, first round of interviews will start on 21th December 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For further information about the organization, visit our website and follow us on Facebook: WaterSHEDasia and LaBobo