Location: Phnom Penh, with frequent travel to target provinces.
Report to: Civic Champions Project Coordinator
Closing date: June 30, 2015
WaterSHED is an NGO based in Cambodia. We engage local businesses and government to develop sustainable approaches that empower households to be active and informed consumers of water, sanitation and hygiene products and services. WaterSHED developed the Hands-Off model of small business engagement, enabling the sale of more than 100,000 latrines to rural consumers. We have also designed and launched the world’s first hand-washing device for Base-of-Pyramid consumers and started two leading social enterprises in household water treatment. We are ambitious about our objectives and believe in the power of leadership. Our breakthrough programs have been featured in the Huffington Post and The Economist and replicated in more than a dozen countries.
In order to improve sanitation across Cambodia, WaterSHED has developed a cutting-edge leadership program for local government officials. In 2013 we conducted a Civic Champions pilot project in two districts which enabled commune councilors to discover and put into practice their full leadership potential and helped significantly increase sanitation across the country. Because of the overwhelmingly positive results, WaterSHED is now scaling up the program to reach 16 rural districts across eight provinces in Cambodia.
WaterSHED is looking for two (2) Civic Champions Program Assistants who will support the Project Coordinator in organising the Civic Champions conferences and provide support during conference workshops.
Under the supervision of the Civic Champions Project Coordinator, the Program Assistant will help coordinate conferences and provide support in the following ways:
- Request quotes from venues and manage booking
- Prepare and send letters and invitations
- Procure conference material such as stationaries, photos, trophies, name cards, et al.
- Maintain attendance lists
- Prepare and process travel allowance lists
- Undertake other support duties as required
Key selection criteria
- University degree in business administration or equivalent, relevant work experience is a plus
- Basic command of MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of administrative procedures
- Fluent in Khmer and basic English conversational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and proactive working style
- Reliable and honest
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
To Apply: Interested applicants please send your application including:
1) A cover letter
2) Your C.V or resume
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Civic Champions Program Assistant”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For further information about the organisation: http://www.watershedasia.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @WaterSHEDasia